Finding the Realtor that is right for you.
When starting the search for a new home, land, or builder, the first step is finding a Realtor to help guide you through this life changing purchase. As a buyer, your Realtor is at no cost to you. They will provide services such as searching the home database for houses that meet your needs, assist you in obtaining trustworthy lending, provide a reliable inspectors list, negotiate for you, and more! Ultimately, your Realtor’s goal is to ensure the buying process goes smooth & quick.
Your Realtor will be considered the “buyer’s agent.” They will work for you the entire process. If you call the name on the sign of the house, that Realtor is representing the seller, not the buyer. Most importantly, they do not owe you the same duties. It is imperative to have a Realtor that is representing your needs as a buyer. Choose a Realtor wisely!
TIPS: What to look for when finding a Realtor:
1. Does your Realtor work full time or part time in real estate? The market is so hot, when a house goes up that is priced right, the Realtor or their team need to be able to schedule a showing as quickly as possible. In this market, houses are selling quickly. It is imperative that your Realtor can act quickly.
2. Do they have a team that helps them give you the attention you need? Does the Realtor work alone or on a team? A team is an advantage to the buyer because there are multiple people handling showings, searching for the right home and carrying the contract to closing.
3. Are they versed in knowledge of houses, land, and the building process? Agents should be forever students who are continuously learning about what they are selling. It is important they know their market and are familiar with all types of homes and the construction process.
4. How much do they know about houses and what to look for during a walk through? When doing that initial walk through of a property the buyer may be awestruck if they are interested in the home because of all the excitement. They may not see things like the water stain on the ceiling that could be a sign of a leaking roof. The Realtor can help point these things out and advise the buyer on who the right person to talk to about these issues would be.
5. What other experience does the realtor have in Real Estate? Do they invest in real estate and own their own home or rental properties. Have they been through this experience not only advising clients but on their own so they can relate to what you are going through.
6. Do you think this Realtor will make a good fit for what you are looking for and provide the duties they are sworn to provide? Go with your gut!
Check out Resume Lauren Patrick. Call or text 330-577-3546 to schedule an appointment.